👥 Population: 1.8 million
🕑 Time Zone: Malaysian Standard Time (MST): UTC +8
Kuala Lumpur is the largest and capital city of Malaysia. Comfortably blending colonial architecture with a modern skyline, Kuala Lumpur is a bustling city with modern infrastructure, that offers a lot to visitors and residents.
Kuala Lumpur has a tropical rainforest climate, so it is hot throughout the year without much temperature variations. It has two seasons: dry and rainy. The average yearly temperature is 28°C.
Here's what Zoe Chew has to say about Kuala Lumpur:
Born and raised in Kuala Lumpur, this city demonstrates lifestyle, diversity, culture, history, food, and convenience that is compelling for digital nomads, travelers, and local citizens.
My favorite parts about Kuala Lumpur:
- Highly accessible to public transportation (bus, cab, MRT, e-hailing)
- Affordable lifestyle with the option to "scale up or down" depending on budget
- High-end restaurants and luxury brands to satisfy the connoisseurs
- Rooftop bars with Instagrammable landscape of the city
- Street foods with wide varieties that blend in the West and East cultures
- A place where you can travel & pack light due to tropical & humid weather all year round.
KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre): Good for first timers, families, all budgets and ages. Plenty of entertainment, shopping, restaurants, street food. Lively, vibrant and has many landmarks.
Bukit Bintang: Hustle and bustle. Many malls and shopping opportunities. Lively nightlife. Plenty of entertainment, shopping, restaurants, street food.
Bazaar Baru Chow Kit
Bangsar Sunday Market
Pasar Taman Tun (TTDI Market)
Methods: Train, bus, taxi
❌ no, use Blacklane, Grab and local taxis instead.